Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Even This

It happened over time and it happened quickly. After going to the Emergency Room on Wednesday, we discovered that Scott has a blockage in his main artery. They sent him for a cardiac catheterization to get a better look and to potentially put in a stint. After the procedure, the doctor came and spoke to us and said the blockage was too significant to do the stint. He recommended bypass surgery. 

The wait. Waiting has always been such a challenge for me. I'm a planner by nature and it is hard to plan when details are not in place. So I wait. I wait to hear from the surgeon on when the surgery will happen. I wait on God. I wait to see what He will do and I remind myself that nothing happens outside of God's control and will for our lives. Even these crazy circumstances are all a part of His great plan for our good and to glorify His name. That doesn't mean this isn't hard to walk through, it just means that we don't have to walk through it in despair, but we can thank God for his perfect and good plan for us. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment